|Photographer:||Marqdoyon [View profile]||Title:||Irvinglake||Added:||May 29, 2010|
||Tankers built before 1970|
|Built as Nipiwan Park 1943 - Collingwood Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Collingwood, Ontario
Damaged by U-1232 (Kurt Dobratz) during WWII ConvoySH-194
She lost her bow, but could be salvaged and was repaired in Pictou N.S..until 30 Nov, 1946.
1946 sold to Kent Line Ltd, St. John, New Brunswick. 1948 transferred to Nipiwan Park Ltd, but 1952 returned to Kent Line Ltd and renamed Irvinglake. 1961 transferred to Irving Steamships Ltd and converted to a barge the next year. 1963 the barge was blown ashore near Bathhurst in Bay of Chaleur, New Brunswick. In September 1971, gasoline was pumped into the cargo hold of the wreck and set afire to reduce possibility of major oil spillage.
Official Number ; 1175359