|Photographer:||Aleksi Lindström [View profile]||Title:||SAFETY||Added:||Jun 04, 2010|
|Captured:||May 11, 2010||IMO:||5133876||Hits:||1,462|
|Location:||Elefsis, Eleusis, Greece|
|Laid up in Elefsina/Eleusis, Greece on May 11, 2010. IMO 5133876. Her current owners are Mystical Spirit Navigation, Panama (Greece).
Built by Uraga Dock Co. Ltd., Yokohama, Japan (Hull No. 615), as whale catcher in 1949.
534 GRT 183 NRT, 51.39 m x 9.06 m x 4.76 m
- 1949: Oct.: Delivered as KNEKT for Hvalfangerselskapet Antarctic A/S, Tønsberg, Norway
- 1955: Sold to Hvalfangerselskapet Pelagos A/S (Svend Foyn Bruun), Tønsberg and renamed GOS I
- 1964: Sold to P/R A/S Granit & Kåre Bertnes, Bodø/Tønsberg
- 1964: Sold to Leidulf Grønnevet P/R, Vartdal, Ålesund, Norway
- 1965: Converted into a trawler at Fiskerstrand mek. Verksted. 512 GRT, 239 NRT. New engines: 8cyl. 2T Alpha DM (Alpha Diesel A/S, Frederikshavn), 1.050 BHP. Renamed KNUT GRØNNEVET (M-85-VD)
1971: Sold to P/R Klara Birting v/Ottar Huse, Aukra (Kurt F. Løseth), Molde, Norway and renamed KLARA BIRTING (M-5-AK)
1977: Lengthened: 645 GRT, 330 NRT, 58.61 m x ? x ?
- 1981: June: Overtaken by Statens Fiskarbank, Ålesund/Molde
- 1981: July: Sold to A/S Birting, Ålesund/Molde and converted into a Stand-by/Safety vessel: 871 GRT, 526 NRT
- 1982: May: Sold to K/S Odd & Sverre Bornø (Birting Offshore Services A/S), Harstad, Norway and renamed BORN SAFETY
- 1987: May: Bought by Simon Møkster, Stavanger, Norway, renamed STRIL SAFETY
- 1987: Sept: Transferred to Simon Møkster Shipping A/S, Stavanger
- 1994: July: remeasured: 834 GT, 257 NT
- 2001: April: transferred to Team Møkster AS (Simon Møkster Shipping AS), Stavanger
- 2005 Sept. 15: Sold to Greece and renamed SAFETY.
*Scrapped in September 2010