|Photographer:||Thales [View profile]||Title:||Krasny Vympel||Added:||Nov 19, 2005|
|KRASNY VYMPEL (means Red Pennant)
Museum Steam Yacht at Vladivostok.
She was built in 1911 in Finland as a steam yacht and was named after Kamchatka Governor and Port of Petropavlovsk Commander Vice-Admiral V.S.Zavoiko. She was at Kamchatka Governor's disposal up to 1922, then she sailed to Vladivostok. In 1923 she got a new name "Krasny Vympel". The ship quarded territorial waters of Russian Far East, participated in World War Two. She was transformed into a memorial ship-museum in Vladivostok only in 1958.
Dimensions,m - 52,3(43,5) x 8,5 x 3,6
Displacement — 656 t
550 HP; 11,5 kn; 3500 nm; 4 - 75-mm, Crew:60