|Photographer:||Malcolm Cranfield [View profile]||Title:||KOPALNIA CZELADZ||Added:||May 29, 2011|
||General cargo ships built 1940-1949 (Over 3000gt)|
|Outbound from Brunsbuttel on 21st June 1969 during a voyage from Szczecin to Safi is the Polish owned Liberty ship KOPALNIA CZELADZ.
Built by Bethlehem Fairfield in 1943 as JOHN RUSSELL POPE, she was delivered as SAMDAK then sold in 1947 and briefly renamed ALPHA VAAL before becoming Houlder Brothers' LEDBURY the following year. Purchased by Poland in 1961, she was scrapped at Faslane on the Clyde, arriving there in February 1973