|Photographer:||Chris Howell [View profile]||Title:||Vladivostok, RUSSIA||Added:||May 30, 2011|
||Harbour Overview Images|
|C-56 or S-56 and Krasny Vympel
photo Mark Longstaff
Details as per Conways
Class : Series IXbis
Launched 25/12/1939, Built by Dalzavod Shipyard
6 x 21 inch TT
1 x 100 mm Gun, 1 x 45 MM AA
Russian records state her name is C-56 and she is preserved as such.
Krasny Vympel to the right of C-56.
Guard boat "Krasny Vympel" became a memorial ship by Decree of Pacific Navy Military Council of July 28, 1958, she got on "Eternal Stand" by the Navy Quay in Vladivoostok. She was built in 1911 in Finland as a steam yacht and was named after Kamchatka Governor and Port of Petropavlovsk Commander Vice-Admiral V.S.Zavoiko. She was at Kamchatka Governor's disposal up to 1922, then she sailed to Vladivostok. In 1923 she got a new name "Krasny Vympel". The ship quarded territorial waters of Russian Far East, participated in World War Two. Now these is a display an board of Her about the heroic past of the ship.
Details form Russian tourist site on net.
Photo Comments (0)
Comments sorting method :
Please Login to add a comment!
This photo has been shown 684 times since it was added to the site.