|Photographer:||Kenneth Gibson [View profile]||Title:||Jacobite Queen||Added:||Sep 28, 2011|
|Captured:||September 16, 2010||IMO:||Unavailable||Hits:||399|
||Harbour & tour boats / restaurant vessels|
|The Jacobite Queen enters Dochgarroch Lock on the Caledonian Canal.
Built in 1949 by Hawthorn, Leslie at Hebburn-on-Tyne, JACOBITE QUEEN is a passenger vessel with a capacity for 159 passengers. She has a 150 bhp Gardner diesel 6L3B engine.
Between 1949-1963, she operated as a passenger ferry across the River Tyne for the Mid Tyne Ferry Co., and re-named TYNE QUEEN in late 1953. Between 1963-1987, she continued operating the same ferry route but for the Swan Hunter Shipyard 3. From 1987 to date she has been operating as a day passenger vessel based at Inverness and cruising to Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal.