|Photographer:||Gordy [View profile]||Title:||MORIALTA||Added:||Feb 11, 2012|
||Cruise Ships and Liners built before 1950|
1,929 gross tons, 1,108 net.
Lbd: 240' x 40'3" x 14'5".
Built by D & W Henderson Ltd, at Partick Glasgow as the Morilata for the Adelaide Steamship Co., Port Adelaide.
She was a twin screw passenger ship designed for and placed upon the Spencer Gulf run. Spent 3 years as
interstate passenger vessel between Sydney and North Queensland during WW1. Sold 1919 to Hong Kong Interests
and renamed Hai Loong.
Sold again in 1922 to Newcastle & Hunter River S N Co Ltd., and renamed Gwydir. Worked the Sydney - Newcastle
route February 14th 1942 beached after collision with the Neo Hebridais off Norah Head New South Wales &
dismantled where she lay
Information supplied by John E. Hoskin www.flotilla-australia.com/
Details posted may not be wholly correct, if you have further details please add it
Photo Credits: Don Ross
Cheers and GB
Photo Comments (1)
Comments sorting method :
Please Login to add a comment!
Peter, this is the Morialta (1)...she is the vessel on the offside, hope she clears that one up lol
This photo has been shown 852 times since it was added to the site.