|Photographer:||Ivan T. [View profile]||Title:||Voluja||Added:||Apr 16, 2012|
|Captured:||March 25, 2012||IMO:||6922157||Hits:||1,331|
||Fishing vessel loa 70ft/21m and over|
|Voluja was built by Decatur Iron & Steel in 1944. She was originally the 86-foot tug DPC 45. (DPC stands for Defense Plant Corporation, the agency that built defense facilities during WWII.) At some point she was transferred to the Army as ST 775. (ST stands for Small Tug.) She was sold to Norwegian owners Bukser og Bjergningsselskapet A/S in 1947 and renamed Balder, sold again to Brodospas in 1968 and renamed Aldebaran, and finally sold again to Darislev & Dragislev Kustura in 1993 and converted to a stern trawler and renamed Voluja.
(Courtesy of Mr. Tim Colton)