ALDINGTON COURT - IMO 5015634
|Photographer:||Gordy [View profile]||Title:||ALDINGTON COURT||Added:||Apr 05, 2016|
||General cargo ships built 1940-1949 (Over 3000gt)|
Type Cargo ship
Registered owners, managers and operators Built for Ministry of War Transport
Managers Runciman and Co. Ltd.
Builders William Doxford &
Yard Pallion, Sunderland
Yard number 711
Official number 180130
Signal letters N/K
Call sign GBTW
Classification society Lloyd’s Register
Gross tonnage 7,359
Net tonnage 5,109
Length 433 ft
Breadth 56.5 ft
Depth 35.5 ft
Draught 27ft 4.75in
Engines 2-stroke cycle single action (2S.C.SA) 3 cylinder oil engine with bore 23 5/8" and stroke 91 5/16"
Engine builders William Doxford & Sons Ltd.
Power 516 MN
Propulsion Single screw
Speed 10.5 knots
Cargo capacity Grain 567,000cu ft; bale 514,000cuft
Aldington Court (1944) was in service from 1944 until she was abandoned as a total loss in
1970 so had a working life of 26 years.
11 Oct 1943 Launched as Empire Lord
February 1944 Completed
12 Jul 1945 Maiden voyage (See notes below table)
1946 Acquired by the United British Steam Ship Co. Ltd. (Haldin and Philips Ltd. Managers) and renamed Aldington Court
1947 Owners restyled Court Line Ltd. (Haldin and Co Ltd. Managers) London
1959 Sold to Cosmar Shipping Corp. - M.C. Fred Hunter, London Managers Piraeus, Greece and renamed Anacreon
1966 Sold to Zirda Cia.Nav S.A. Genoa Italy and renamed White Daisy
1967 Sold to Garden City Shipping Inc. Panama.
1968 Sold to Cia. Nav. Rivabella S.A. - World Shipping and Oil Transport Co. Ltd. London
Managers), Panama and renamed Robertina
15 Jun 1970 Abandoned as a total loss after being beached 2 miles west of Cape Garraway
Photo Credits: The South Australian State Library
Photo Comments (3)
Comments sorting method :
Its been amended Dedge, I didnt know there were two of them, thanks for your info, much appreciated.
Please Login to add a comment!
Great write up but unfortunately this is the Aldington Court built by Doxford in 1944 as Empire Lord. She became Aldington Court in 1946, 1959 Anacreon, 1966 White Daisy, 1968 Robertina. 15 June 1970 beached near Cape Garraway after developing leaks off Cape Palmas while bound Takoradi to Leith. Abandoned as CTL.
This photo has been shown 637 times since it was added to the site.