|9,789 grt; 8,905 dwt; refrigerated; 12 passengers.
Operator: Shaw, Savill & Albion Co Ltd, London
Built 1944 by Harland & Wolff Ltd, Belfast, Northern Ireland. Yard no. 1176.
Propulsion: twin-screw with two Harland & Wolff-built, six-cylinder, double-acting, two-stroke Burmeister & Wain 6-53WF-125 diesels each producing 3,604 bhp for a service speed of 15 knots.
Built as DRINA for Royal Mail Lines Ltd.
1966-transferred within the Furness Withy Group to Shaw Savill and renamed ROMANIC.
Seen here passing Tilbury in April, 1968, on her last arrival in London before her final voyage to breakers at Kaohsiung, where she arrived two months later.