|Photographer:||Marc Piché [View profile]||Title:||KRYSTAL K||Added:||Sep 05, 2006|
|US-flag tug KRYSTAL K as shown while downbound on the St.Lawrence River off Verchères on October 26, 1993. Her hull lines belies her origins as she was built during World War 2 (1943) as the US Navy auxiliary fleet tug UNDAUNTED (ATR-126 re-classified ATA-199 in 1948).
In 1963, she became the US Merchant Marine Academy's training ship KINGS POINTER. In 1993, she was sold and came to the Great Lakes as KRYSTAL K in May. After rebuilding, she looked like on the photo but was again transformed in 1998 this time into a push tug and reverted to her original name working for Pere Marquette Shipping up to this day.
Marc Piché photo