|Photographer:||Chris Finney [View profile]||Title:||Karatta||Added:||Dec 25, 2018|
|The South Australian coastal vessel "Karatta" spent 54 years on the Port Adelaide - Kingscote, Kangaroo Island - Port Lincoln service for her owners Gulf S.S.Coy Ltd and later Coast Steamships Ltd.
Built in 1907 by George Brown & Coy at Greenock.
"Karatta" is being dismantled at Musgrave Wharf in Port Adelaide.In the background are the long-gone Colonial Sugar Refinery buildings.
Photograph: the late Frank Finney.