|Photographer:||emdee [View profile]||Title:||PLATIDIA||Added:||Mar 27, 2020|
|Location:||Tyne, United Kingdom|
||Tankers built before 1970|
|Completed in 1955 by Deutsche Werft, Hamburg, for Curacaosche Petroleum Maats (Holland) but transferred to British registry (Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd.) six months after her completion.
She and her sister PLAGIOLA were bitumen tankers initially operating out of Curacao and Aruba.
Looking in pristine condition thanks to the workforce at Brigham & Cowans, South Shields, where she was dry-docked for voyage repairs and painting, departing the river in May 1972.
Image copyright © emdee 2020