|Photographer:||Phil Gilston [View profile]||Title:||Portland||Added:||Aug 07, 2007|
||Steam Ships (Operating and Preserved)|
|August 12, 2006 / Columbia River / St. Helens, Oregon
The steam tug “Portland” was built in 1947 and retired in 1981. It is now the centerpiece and traveling ambassador of the Oregon Maritime Museum. The vessel is seen visiting the St. Helens marina for the 2006 Northwest Steam Society meet.
More information on the “Portland” and the Oregon Maritime museum can be found here. The Northwest Steam Society’s website is here.