|Photographer:||tonylast [View profile]||Title:||Lenny B||Added:||Dec 27, 2006|
|Launched 14 May 1945 at Morris Heights, NY, by Consolidated SBCorp. as *Quileute* YTB 540 for the U. S. Navy (*Hisada* class tug). 101’ x 28 x 11; 310 t. displ.; twin Cleveland 6-278A Diesels to electric motor and single screw.
Later *Quileute* YTM 540 (1962), *Lenny B.* (1976), and *Orion* (1992). Repowered and rebuilt 1974-76 into a twin screw tug with a telescopic pilothouse: 87’ x 25.8 x 8; 145 gt, 97 nt; twin EMD 12-645-E6 Diesels, 3000-bhp.
Shown October 1978 on the Calumet River, Chicago, Illinois, USA, while owned by Calumet Marine Towing Corp., Chicago. She is currently in service for Westar Marine Services, Inc., San Francisco, CA, as *Orion.* For her appearance today, go to: