Although the MAURETANIA (1939) was painted in 1963 in the Cunard "cruising Green" livery with four shades of Green the MAURETANIA was never referred to as the "Green
Goddess", that accolade went to the CARONIA (1948).
The term "Green Goddess" was adopted by the Liverpool crew and shoreside staff who affectionately called her that after the Liverpool Transport buses and trams that also adourned a similar colour scheme to the CARONIA. The Liverpool Transport trams at the time were actually called Green Goddess's hence the connection with the CARONIA being called that throughout her career.
Along with the "original "Green Goddess" the Caronia (1948) that entered service with the four shades of green livery Cunard also painted three other liners in the "cruising Green" livery in 1963. The Carmania (1954, Saxonia) Franconia (1955, Ivernia) and Mauretania (1939) we're all repainted in the cruising Green livery.
The Mauretania was disposed of in 1965 and the Caronia was laid up for disposal in late 1967 and eventually being sold in 1968. The Carmania and Franconia were both repainted fully white in 1967 with the CUNARD name added to their upper forward superstructure.