|Photographer:||Jacob Blondahl [View profile]||Title:||Black Hawk VI||Added:||Oct 01, 2007|
||Steam Ships (Operating and Preserved)|
|M/Y Black Hawk VI beached for the winter at Hnausa Manitoba, March 21 2005. Built in 1896 in New York, She served under American registry until 1916 when her registry was switched to British. She was transfered to serve as a Tug in Thunder Bay, Ontario during WWII then brought overland by rail to Lake Winnipeg and reassembled in Riverton, Manitoba in about 1952. Later layed up in Hnausa, Man, She was converted into a luxury yacht in the early 70's and has served with incredible distinction since. She was up for sale at the time this photograph was taken.