This detail from http://www.thamesbarge.org.uk/barges/charter/TCironsides.html
"Built in 1900 by Clarke and Stanfield of Grays, Essex, she initially carried cargoes of Portland Stone and cement for the APCM company. In 1928 she was sold to the London and Rochester Trading Company but continued to trade up and down the Channel as well as in the Thames Estuary. After a distinguished war service, sustaining damage during London's Blitz, she recommenced trading as a motor barge carrying general cargoes. Since 1968 Ironsides has undergone a careful process of restoration in a Kentish shipyard."