|Photographer:||Malcolm Cranfield [View profile]||Title:||SAO SILVERIO||Added:||Jun 15, 2008|
||General cargo ships built before 1940 (Under 3000gt)|
|Miramar reports that SAO SILVERIO was built in 1921 at Dible's shipyard in Southampton as LORIENT for Morgan & Cadogan. She was soon sold to Geral de Comercio, presumably of Portugal, who renamed her COSTEIRO in 1922.
In 1959 she became SAO SILVERIO owned by Frasil of Lisbon. She was wrecked on the Salvora Is, off Vigo, on 19.3.63
Information on her original owners, and also on her long career as COSTEIRO during which time she may have been modified, would be of interest.
Photo taken by the late Dick Parsons of Bristol, courtesy of John Hill of Portishead