|Photographer:||VAV [View profile]||Title:||ISTRA||Added:||Mar 17, 2008|
||Port Bunkering and Water Tankers|
|Service vessel for military marine fleet of Russia
1938 contracted, 1941 built by Kremer & Sohn / Elmshorn (hull no. 854) as ELSE T-13 for Kriegsmarine. Used as a bunkering tanker operating from Swinemunde (now - Swinoujscie), first Master was Hr. Flemming.
During 2WW the tanker did voyages to Oslo, Copenhagen, Zassnitz,Vasa, Kemi, Kirkenes, Nordenham, Kristiansund, Narvik and other ports refuelling german airforces.
In may of 1945 the ship has been catched by British forces at Trondheim, renamed EMPIRE TIGINA and joined British Navy since that.
On 20.06.1946 the tanker granted to USSR as a reparation and transferred to Black Sea Fleet (Sevastopol) under the new name
NT-3, renamed ISTRA in 1948.
Dims: 61m length x 9m width x 2.75m draft
Capacity: 9 tanks x 50 cbm each
Engines : 2 x MWM 900 hp each
Speed : 12 knots