|Photographer:||Michel Gosselin [View profile]||Title:||C.D. 110||Added:||Mar 27, 2008|
||Wrecks & Relics|
|the hull of a former passenger steamer Rapids Queen. She has been cut down in size. now she has been converted into a break wall for the Queen City Yacht Club(Q.C.Y.C.) in the Toronto Islands, Toronto. photo taken from a Toronto ferry.
(EX. COLUMBIAN, BROCKVILLE & RAPIDS QUEEN)
Owner Name & Authorized Representative: THE QUEEN CITY YACHT CLUB
Official Number 101254(CANADA)//Port of Registry: TORONTO
Built in 1892 by Delaware River Iron Shipbuilding & Engine Works of Chester, PA
length 59.25m//Breadth 10.15m//Depth 2.68m//Gross Tonnage 412.17 t
Rebuild History: Lengthened at Sorel, Q, 1909(194.33'/ 33.25'/8.66'
Reduced to barge at Kingston, Ontario, 1939
thanks to Gerry O.in Toronto for the info.
date: june 10, 2006