|Photographer:||Thales [View profile]||Title:||Nadezhda||Added:||Feb 23, 2006|
||Traditional rig sailing ships from 120'(36.6m) LOA|
|Schooner Nadezhda at St.Petersburg,Russia
Bank Cup of Russia Race 2003, 16th July 2003
Hull Material: Steel
Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel
famous Schooner SEETEUFEL (SeaDevil) of the prominent Felix Graf von Luckner (Count von Luckner) – a historical rarity.
length 40m, beam 8m,
200 gross tons,
ca. 10kn speed,
old navigation and mechanical steering,
main engine: 3D12 300 PS (ca. 40l Diesel / h)
2x generators, 25kW (ca. 8l Diesel / h) and 30kW (ca. 10l Diesel / h)
2x elektrical networks, 220V and 380V,
space for 30 passengers;
4x 2bed cabins,
2x 4bed cabins,
1 canteen for 20 guests
NADEZHDA was built 1912 in Holland as the fishing lugger STERNA. Sold to Hamburg in 1927, rebuilt into a cargo ship, named EDELGARD, owner Bernhard Heinecke:
Sold to Felix Graf von Luckner in 1936, rebuilt into a sailing yacht and named SEETEUFEL.
Sold to Hans Hass, the famous Austrian diver in 1942 or 1943, no change of name. Due to the war he never did step on board of the vessel.
The Soviets seized her 1945 in Stettin (now Szczecin) and brought her to Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). As NADEZHDA she was used as a sail training ship by the Nakhimov Navy School. 1958 taken over by the Central Yacht Club, for many years named LENINGRAD, since 1962 operated by the Leningrad Trade Union Yacht Club. After the break up of the Soviet Union she was again renamed NADEZHDA, owned by the St. Petersburg Central Yacht Club.
A lot of thanks to Werner Jurkowski