|Photographer:||Ian Boyle [View profile]||Title:||HENLEY||Added:||May 23, 2008|
||Harbour & tour boats / restaurant vessels|
|HENLEY passing under Westminster Bridge on 23rd May 2008
The steam launch HENLEY was built for Salter Brothers of Oxford by Edwin Clarke and Company of Brimscombe in 1896. She was converted to diesel after WW2. HENLEY served with Salters for over seventy years, before being sold in 1976 to J.J.Shearing (later J.& R.Shearing) for services from Westminster to Kew, Richmond and Hampton Court. HENLEY was sold to Ed Langley as Complete Pleasure Boats for the 2002 season, and operates on Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court runs. She also serves on the weekday Putney-Blackfriars commuter services of Thames Executive Charters, which must make her one of the oldest regular ferries in the world.
Photo: © 2008 Ian Boyle - www.simplonpc.co.uk