|Photographer:||Rudi Rabe [View profile]||Title:||McKee Sons||Added:||Jun 04, 2005|
|Layed up in Toledo early 80's
Built in 1945 as the Marine Angel initially as a "C4-S-B2" fast troop transport by Sun Shipbuilding and Drydock Co., Chester, PA.
The Marine Angel was acquired by Amerisand Steamship Co. in 1952. Was refit at Maryland Drydock in Baltimore work included lengthening of by 123 ft, new fuller bow, and replacing the midship pilothouse with a new bow pilothouse.Was then towed up the Mississippi River into the Great Lakes, where she was converted to a self-unloader at Manitowoc Shipbuilding Inc.
Today she sails as a barge pushed by the tug Invincible