|Photographer:||Michael Van Bosch [View profile]||Title:||THALISOMILISSIOS||Added:||Jul 01, 2005|
|Laying next to "G. Averof" in the "Neo Faliro Marina" near Piraeus. 25/10/2004.
Former US NAVY :JOSEPH HENRY
Built in 1909 by the Newport News SB & DD Co.
Used for harbour defence work as a "combined mine planter and cable ship" on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico coasts.
Sold to the Greek Government in 1947, renamed and used for cable maintenance. Withdrawn from service in 1991 and converted into a Museum for the Greek Merchant Navy.
Length 142ft Breadth 32ft depth 11.8ft
Gross tonnage 601
Photo Comments (0)
Comments sorting method :
Please Login to add a comment!
This photo has been shown 1,308 times since it was added to the site.