|One of a series of 6 fleet tankers built during WWII.
Brown Ranger was built at Harland & Wolff, Govan Works,
KL - 28:10:1939, L - 12:12:1940, comm : 11:04:1941
Brown Ranger measured 349' in length, 47' in breadth and with a 20' draught. The funnel was positioned on the port side to facilitate fuelling at sea.The Ranger Class could carry 2,600 tons of fuel oil, 550 tons of diesel and 90 tons of petrol.
Brown Ranger saw active service on the Malta Convoys and in the Pacific
She was decommissioned November 1974, and laid up at Devonport until sold to Spanish Breakers. She arrived at Gijon during April 1975, and demolition by Manuel Hevia Gonzales commenced 28:05:1975
photo : Portsmouth, 08:1972
photo : © Dr. Allan Ryszka-Onions 1972/2009