This phantastic ship is the last survivor of the paddle steamer tugs on the River Rhine. She was in service from 1922 until 1966 and is since April 1973 part of the German Inland Shipping Museum at Duisburg-Ruhrort where she is moored on the harbour mouth near Friedrich-Ebert-Bridge.
Length o.a. 75m beam extr. 20,75m draught 1,55m
Tonnage: 200 tons
Home port : Duisburg/Germany
Engine : Berninghaus coal-fired 3-cyl. steam engine (1550hp), in 1955 converted to oil-firing
Towing capacity : up to 6000 tons (5-7 fully laden barges)
Crew : 15 persons (from 1955 reduced to 8 persons)
Paddles : 33 rotations per minute
Built in 1921/22 by shipyard Ewald Berninghaus at Duisburg-Ruhrort/Germany
Ex- RAAB KARCHER XIV - OSCAR HUBER (Duisburg-Ruhrort/Germany, until 1971)
Ex- RAAB KARCHER XIV - FRITZ THYSSEN (Duisburg-Ruhrort/Germany, until 1940)
Ex- H. PAUL DISCH VIII - WILHELM VON OSWALD (Duisburg-Ruhrort/Germany, until 1927)
There is no Ship Data available for this photo!
Would you like to suggest new Ship Data?
This ship is not assigned to any other category.