U. S. Navy heavy cruiser USS ALBANY completed June 15, 1946, by Bethlehem Steel Company in Quincy, Massachusetts. She was propelled by General Electric steam turbines developing 120,000 shaft horsepower, powered by steam from 8 Babcock & Wilcox boilers. She was capable of 33 knots. She had a full load displacement of 17,500 long tons with a length of 673 feet, beam of 71 feet and draught of 26 feet. She carried a crew of 1,700 men. Ship was converted, from 1958-62, to a guided missile cruiser at the Boston Naval Shipyard with a hull number of CG10 (cruiser, guided missile #10).
This ship is not assigned to any other category.