Advanced Search
Search

PATRAS - IMO 5125415

Ship
2362
FavoriteComment
More
Full Screen
Exfir Data
Download Photo

Photo
details

Photographer:
Malcolm Cranfield [ View profile ]
Captured:
May 2, 1975
Title:
Patras
Added:
Feb 20, 2024
Views:
236
Image Resolution:
3,747 x 2,398

Description:

Bock, Godeffroy & Co. of Hamburg's 1952 Lübeck built GALATA as PATRAS, owned by Colocotronis of Greece with a charter to DNOL (Deutsche Nah-Ost Linie) inbound for Rotterdam, possibly on 2nd May 1975.

Ex - GALATA - 74

PATRAS finally arrived at Blyth on 7th April 1979 for breaking

Vessel
particulars

Current name:
PATRAS

Former name(s):

 -  Galata (Until 1975)

Vessel Type:
General Cargo
Gross tonnage:
2,615 tons
Summer DWT:
5,209 tons

AIS Position
of this ship

There is no AIS Position Data available for this ship!

Would you like to add AIS Coverage?

Add AIS Coverage

Photo
Categories

This ship exists in the following categories:

General cargo ships built 1950-1959 (Under 3000gt) - 7 photos

Photographers
of this ship

(5)

Dulko

1 photos

Bob Scott

1 photos

COMMENT THIS PHOTO(2)

Newest First
person
In 1967, Rudolf A.Oetker purchased Atlas Levante-Linie together with its trading rights to the Eastern Mediterranean Sea so, together with Deutsche Levant-Linie ("DLL"), established a prominence in the trade, then operating in competition with H.Schuldt, Argo and Transmarin, operating as the Nah-Ost-Gemeinschaft group.

On 1 April 1973, spearheaded by Oetker’s DLL, the operations of the two competing groups were merged under a single umbrella organisation named Deutsche Nah Ost Linie (DNOL). This organisation then served the trade to Levant with ships owned or operated by its shareholders, supplemented by chartered-in vessels.

Between 1951 and 1953, Bock, Godeffroy & Co. took delivery from Flenderwerke Lübeck of four new ships named Athen, Galata, Libanon and Cairo. In June 1956, Rudolf A. Oetker took complete ownership of Bock,Godeffroy & Co., the DLL trade name and its six ships. Galata, delivered on 20 May 1952, was in 1971 sold to Colocotronis with a charter back to Oetker and in April 1974 renamed Patras.

Edit
comment

person
On time charter to Cargo Levant, Hamburg as the house flag on the funnel indicates.

Edit
comment