Advanced Search
Search

MARINDA - IMO 5044946

Ship
2092
FavoriteComment
More
Full Screen
Exfir Data
Download Photo

Photo
details

Photographer:
adenanthos [ View profile ]
Title:
Marinda
Added:
May 14, 2024
Views:
209
Image Resolution:
2,961 x 2,244

Description:

Noordzeekanaal

Photo by Gerrit Bunschoten via Dick Hekkert

Vessel
particulars

AIS Position
of this ship

There is no AIS Position Data available for this ship!

Would you like to add AIS Coverage?

Add AIS Coverage

Photo
Categories

This ship exists in the following categories:

General cargo ships built 1940-1949 (Under 3000gt) - 1 photos

Photographers
of this ship

(1)

adenanthos

1 photos

Got photos of this ship? Upload them now!

COMMENT THIS PHOTO(2)

Newest First
person
In 1952 the interests of the Margaronis family, from Vrontados on the island of Chios, were divided and a ship owned by Pandelis A. Margaronis (son of Anastasios), the Fort type Santa Calli (7,166/1943), was transferred to cousins Pandias, Sideris and Pandelis Georgios Margaronis. In 1954 they acquired from Cunard the Liberty Vandalia (IMO 5326904) which became Sideris. In 1957 Pandias joined with Pandelis Georgios to create Margaronis Navigation Agency Ltd. in London to manage Sideris and two newly-built sister ships, Vrontados (5383940) and Calli (5058088). Two smaller, older vessels given the names Urania (5373969) and MARINDA (as illustrated), were acquired in 1964. These were sold for breaking in 1972 and replaced by the 1954-built Ingramar (5161287), sold for further trading in 1976.

Edit
comment

person
2772 1947 blt John Cockerill S.A., Hoboken (yard 707) K 15.12.1943 L 9.8.44 trials 13.4.48
1409 net 5413 dwt 359.4 x 50.10 x 20.9 (draught) ft 109,52 (101,50) x 15,49 x 6,32 x 9,25 m
Oil engine 2 SA 6 cyl (500 x 900) B & W by John Cockerill S.A., Seraing 2000 bhp 11,5 kn
1 deck shelter deck
ordered by the Germans (Hansa B ship).
3.9.1944: se trouvait bord à bord avec la coque "695" (futur STAVELOT)
4.9.1944 scuttled by the Germans along the completion quay
Sept 1944 seized by Belgium
5.4.1945 refloated and towed to Antwerp. (Kanaaldok near Kruisschanssluis)
Completed by Antwerp Engineering C°, Antwerp (Houtdok) -works began in 1947-
48-50 HAINAUTBelgian Gvt/Régie de la Marine,
(Deppe, mgrs)AntwerpBe/
25.4.1948 maiden trip to North Africa and Levant
4.7.50-61 HAINAUTArmement Deppe SA,AntwerpBe/
29.12.1960: arrived at Antwerp, from Kavalla via Casablanca and laid up
18.4.1961 sold.
25.5.1961 left Antwerp as Danish
61-64 BIRGITTE BASSEHellerup Shipping C° I/S,
(A.H. Basse & C°, mgrs)
Copenhagen De/
18.6.64-72 MARINDAMariners Corp.of Liberia,
(Pandias Margaronis)MonroviaLi/
17.12.1971 left Gdynia in tow for Rotterdam where arrived 24.12.1971 and laid up with engine damage.
(damaged o/v Durres-Gdynia. Taken in tow by FAIRPLAY XII to Gdynia)
1972 sold to Brugse Scheepssloperij, Bruges for BU.
10.11.1972 arrived in tow in Bruges for BU by Brugse Scheepssloperij. Work began 18.12.1972

Edit
comment